Exciting things are underway at the Golden Library as remodel construction is set to begin March 20 to provide Jefferson County’s first 21st century library.
The library will be closed from March 20 through June 11 to accommodate the construction and library staff members are busy making alternative service arrangements for Golden residents.
Beginning March 1, you can check out the new floorplan and photos of new furniture and fixtures at a display outside the Golden Library. The new design reflects input received from Golden residents at community meetings held last summer. Here are some things you can expect to see:
• A larger, more open children’s area, with a “literacy playscape” to encourage informal learning during play;
• A larger teen area, equipped with enhanced technology;
• Updated technology in the public access area;
• Enhanced technology in the meeting room, to support public presentations;
• More informal spaces for community interaction and exchange, including a community living room (with a fireplace!);
• A large quiet area;
• A study room; and
• An opening day collection, with more of the materials residents are requesting.
While we hate to close the library, we’re doing our best to maintain our most popular services during the construction period.
The cost of the remodel project is being shared by the City of Golden and Jefferson County Public Library.
The library – with a fresh, new look -- is expected to reopen at 10 a.m. on Friday, June 12. For interim updates on the construction and information on where to find alternative services and programs, visit jeffcolibrary.org/goldenremodel.