Freshening up your appearance, approach and attitude can make a world of difference in the way you feel and in the way you interact with others. Apply the same type of thinking to an organization and it can improve the way it provides services and meets the needs of its customers. This is exactly what will be happening to the Golden Library this year.
We're excited to announce that we will be working with the City of Golden to do a major remodel of the Golden Library! The library will be updated to reflect a new vision for library service, which we shared with you last year.
Here are some quick highlights of our new model for library service:
- Enhanced alignment of library materials, programs and services to address the interests and needs of the Golden community;
- Expert staff, trained to help patrons navigate the increasingly complex world of information and technology;
- Dynamic programming that creates engaging and impactful patron experiences;
- Enhanced access to evolving technologies and digital resources;
- Increased emphasis on community partnerships, outreach and outcomes; and
- Updates to the Golden Library to enhance the library experience.
The Golden Library will be the first JCPL location to fully reflect this new service model.
Have some ideas you'd like to share? You will have plenty of opportunities to be a part of this process, including:
- May 8 City Council meeting: Library executives will present an overview of the new service model. The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers.
- May 19 Open House: There will be an open house to solicit resident feedback on the proposed remodel from 4-7 p.m. at the Golden Library.
- There will also be an opportunity for residents to review and comment on design recommendations in June.