You’re halfway there, Jeffco!
You are amazing! When we started our Summer Reading Challenge on May 29, we aimed to collectively read and track more than 1,000,001 minutes. We talked about the real celebrities in life being people like you…people who find a few minutes each day to find a reason to read. These people are the parents who find an extra 20 minutes at bedtime to read to a child. The teens who read for fun when school’s out. The entrepreneurs who read to improve themselves and their businesses. The drivers who listen to audiobooks while traveling this summer. The smarties who take the time to read the directions before trying to put together that crazy new summer toy.
Regardless of the reason you’re reading, let’s put this milestone in perspective.
By reading 5,000,000 minutes…
- You’ve read 83,000 hours.
- If every minute read were a mile, you’d have traveled around the world, TWO HUNDRED TIMES!
- If every minute read were a foot, you’d have climbed EVERY 14er in Colorado SIX times.
- If every minute read were an ounce of chocolate, you’d have eaten 800,000 Hershey Kisses.
- If every minute read were a foot of a Subway $5 foot-long Sandwich, you’d have eaten 416,666 foot-long subs.
We could keep going with our comparisons, but the point is – WOW! We’re not even halfway through our Summer Reading Challenge and you’re already halfway to the revised goal of reading 10,000,001 minutes.
Find your own comparison of 5,000,000 “somethings” and then share it and your reason to read on Facebook – Jefferson County Public Library. We’ll wait a week to see what you come up with and then we’ll pick the wackiest post as a winner. The winning post will receive a Dinner for 5 from Q’doba and will be shared across our social media platforms.