We've got some exciting news to report! The Library has received a $17,353 grant to support our Digital U – an innovative program designed to expand technology outreach to the residents of Jefferson County. We're teaming up with the Seniors' Resource Center, Bridges to Opportunity, and Metro West Housing Solutions to create a mobile fleet of laptop computers and devices that can be transported to convenient locations throughout the county to deliver onsite technology training.
We'll be using the grant funds to:
- Purchase laptops, devices and accessories for JCPL Digital U;
- Develop curricula and handouts for nine new computer classes;
- Train 13 additional library staff and volunteers to deliver computer class instruction;
- Market the expanded service; and
- Establish classes at six library sites and seven community locations throughout the county, beginning in March 2015.
This program was funded in part with a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, which administers the Library Services and Technology Act.