It's not too late to participate in the Golden Library remodel. We'll continue to use suggestions from the community to shape the direction of the design. Stay informed during the remodel by checking jeffcolibrary.org/goldenremodel and by dropping questions into the comment box inside the Golden Library.
We are fortunate to have many people from the community provide input into the remodel. From May 19 through June 9 Golden residents shared their ideas at community meetings and through online and paper surveys. During those conversations a few common themes emerged:
Residents use the library to
- Borrow material, especially movies and books.
- Use the children's area and material.
- Pick up holds.
- Attend storytimes and other programs.
They like and value
- The community feel of the library.
- Friendly staff.
- Quiet spaces for studying.
They hope to see
- More comfortable seating.
- Views and light.
- A redesigned children's area.
- An open feel.
- Spaces for groups, both big and small, to meet.
You may be asking yourself "How is the library using all of this rich input?" These ideas were distilled into a preliminary floor plan and design concepts previewed at the June 6 community meeting. Elements of the preliminary design included:
- Quiet room and group study room for quiet spaces.
- More seating that is spread throughout the building.
- Concentrate seating around windows and natural light.
- The possibility of a multi-purpose meeting room that can accommodate large and small groups; including children's groups.
- Lower shelves for an open feel.
Keep your ideas flowing and stop by the Golden Library to let us know what questions you have about the remodel.