JCPL has set a tentative construction schedule for the Lakewood Library parking lot replacement:
- Phase One, scheduled for Sept. 7-15, will address the parking lot to the east of the building (off of 20th Street).
- Phase Two, scheduled for Sept. 16-24 will address the south parking lot just outside the Library (off of Miller Street).
During construction, the respective parking areas will be closed.
To minimize risk to library patrons, the Lakewood Library and book return will be closed from Sept. 16-24. Once Phase Two (the south parking lot) is complete, the Library will reopen.
JCPL’s administrative offices will remain open for the duration and may be accessed via the south administration door during Phase One and the east administration door during Phase Two.
During the closure, Lakewood Library will offer limited services for five hours a day from the east end of the building (off of 20th Street). Patrons will be able to return or renew books and materials, pick up items they’ve placed on hold and/or apply for library cards at the times listed below:
- Monday through Thursday, 2-7 p.m.
- Friday through Sunday, 12-5 p.m.
The Library is also offering the following as a convenience to Lakewood Library patrons:
- patrons may renew materials and/or have their holds transferred to an alternate library through their online account or by calling 303-235-5275;
- due dates will be extended and late fees will be waived for materials due while the Library is closed; and
- digital resources are available 24/7 at jeffcolibrary.org.
Nearby Libraries include:
- Belmar Library, 555 S Allison Pkwy, Lakewood, CO
- Edgewater Library, 5843 W 25th Ave, Denver, CO 80214
- Wheat Ridge Library, 5475 W 32nd Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO
- Golden Library, 1019 10th St, Golden, CO
Patrons are advised to use extra care when entering and exiting the parking lots. Closing off parking areas will require patrons to use a single entrance to enter and exit the remaining open area. To minimize risk to patrons, JCPL will provide the services of a traffic flagger to assist with traffic control.
Construction dates are dependent on weather forecasts and soils analysis, so it’s possible construction dates could change. For updates, check this page, call JCPL at 303-235-5275, or email us with questions or concerns.