Library to reopen Saturday, June 13, with Grand Reopening Celebration set for Sunday, June 14
(Lakewood, Colo. – May 18, 2015) Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) announced today that the Golden Library will reopen for business at 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 13. In addition, the library will host a Grand Reopening Celebration from noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday, June 14. Mark your calendars and be sure to save the dates.
“We’re excited to bring our vision of a 21st century library to life with the Golden Library remodel,” said Pam Nissler, executive director, JCPL. “Golden residents will see many of their requests reflected in the new design, including more popular materials, a larger children’s area with a literacy playscape, a larger teen area with updated technology (including a gaming station and 3-d printer), an updated business center, collaborative technology in the meeting and study rooms, a community living room with fireplace, and a large quiet area.
In advance of the opening, alternative services offered by the Golden Library are winding down:
· The Bookmobile will make its last stop at the Golden Library parking lot from 6-8 P.M. on Tuesday, June 9;
· Children’s Storytimes offeredat the Golden Community Center will end on May 30. They will resume at the Golden Library meeting room beginning Wednesday, June 17. Due to meeting-room space constraints, patrons will need to register for storytimes in advance. Registrations open one week prior to scheduled storytimes and may be made online at jeffcolibrary.org/events, by phone at 303-235-5275, and in-person at any library.
· Teen Advisory Board meetings will move back to the Library from the Golden High School Library for the July meeting at 4 p.m., July 8.
· DIY Explorers Club meetings will move back to the Golden Library from the Golden High School Library for the June meeting at 4 p.m. on June 18.
· The Adult Book Group will move back to the Golden Library from Starbuck’s for the June meeting at 6 p.m. on June 18.
· The Young Readers Fun Club will move back to the Golden Library from Astor House for the June meeting at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, June 24.
"We’re excited to welcome our patrons back to the library and to share all the new features with them,” said Carroll Mannino, Golden Library manager. “We’re counting the days!”
For additional information on the Golden Library remodel, visit jeffcolibrary.org/goldenremodel.
“We’re excited “’’
About Jefferson County Public Library
Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) is the third largest public library in the state of Colorado. Our mission is to help build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities. A JCPL library card is the smartest card in your wallet, giving you access to an online library that operates 24 hours per day, seven days per week, a network of 10 libraries, a Bookmobile, a Mobile Computer Training Classroom, and robust outreach programs, as well as books, periodicals, CDs and DVDs, audio and eBooks, and computer and Internet resources. For more information contact your local library or visit jeffcolibrary.org.